Spotreviews.com respects the privacy and security of its users. Our goal is to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. In order to achieve this goal, we sometimes collect information as you interact with our online services to understand what differentiates you from each of our millions of other users.
In order to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing the privacy practices for the entire Spotreviews.com site. Additional terms and conditions regarding the collection and use of your information are also provided to you before you register. Here, you will learn what personally identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Spotreviews.com collects certain information from and about its users in three ways -- directly from the user, from our Web server logs, and with cookies.
- User-Supplied Information: When you register for Spotreviews.com, we may ask you for your name, email address, invoice numbers pertaining to online transactions, and some other personal information. The more accurate information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your Spotreviews.com experience.
- Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Web site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the Site or page that offered a link to a Spotreviews.com page). Spotreviews.com, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as in message boards, through e-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information can be collected and used by others. Although Spotreviews.com tries to protect your personal information, Spotreviews.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are also solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords you set up and/or any account information.
How and When Information is Used
We use information in different ways to give you the best experience.
- User-supplied information: This information is used for purposes such as personalization and verification.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. Spotreviews.com also collects the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
How We Protect Your Information
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Spotreviews.com will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should not disclose your user name and password to others. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to sign out of your Spotreviews.com account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, Spotreviews.com cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information to us at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Our Email Programs
Spotreviews.com sends the following types of emails to our users:
- New user registrations: When you signup for a free account at Spotreviews.com, either to write a review to participate in our discussion forums, we send you a verification email containing a link. Click the link to verify and activate your account. Once activated, this email is no longer sent to you. You may receive more than one activation email reminder, but an opt-out link is provided at the bottom of these activation emails.
- Review Alerts: If you are an online retailer, you can signup to be notified by email when reviewers post reviews to our site about your company. You can turn these email alerts on and off in the merchant administration panel that we provide to you.
- When you write a review for a merchant listed at Spotreviews.com, that merchant can post a public response in reply to your review. You will be emailed a copy of the merchant's response. Additionally, the merchant can contact you via our site, to send you an email via a web form. Your email address is not revealed to the merchant. If you wish to opt out of these types of emails, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
- Exit Survey Reminders: Many Internet retailers participate in our exit survey program, which displays a popup window to the user after the user completes a purchase at the retailer's website. The exit survey window asks the user if they want to write a review of the retailer, and to enter their email address, if so. Then, one week later, we send a reminder email to the user, asking them to complete a review. Only one reminder email is sent, as part of this program, per the user's initial request.
How to Correct Inaccuracies
If you use another Spotreviews.com service, we may send you a confirmation e-mail confirming your new account and/or service. The message will be sent to the address that you supplied us and will describe ways for you to change or delete the account information provided. Remember to keep the confirmation e-mail as it will also contain information that will help you in case you run into problems accessing our services. We welcome any questions or comments you have about Spotreviews.com: please direct them to our contact form.